- The Moxie Chicks on MySpace
- Visit our MySpace page and join our friends!
- Jym Mooney on MySpace
- Jym has a MySpace page, too.
- If you want to hear Jym's song "I Have Come to Take My Boy Home" performed with electric guitars, bagpipes, drums, and a fabulous singer, check out Celtic-rock band Jiggernaut's MySpace page.
Artists on One Ball Of Clay
- Brett Kemnitz
- Sly, witty, and always entertaining songwriter.
- Brett Kemnitz's kids CD
- A wonderful collection of original, off-beat songs for kids of all ages.
- Pamela Means
- Edgy, politically charged rock-influenced acoustic music.
- Larry Penn
- The Dean of the Milwaukee folk music scene, Larry's songs in the tradition of Woody Guthrie and Joe Hill are known around the world.
- Patty Stevenson & Craig Siemsen
- Creators of exquisite, jewel-like songs.
- Barb & Tom Webber
- Beautiful, well-crafted songs and glorious, soaring vocal harmonies. 2003 WAMI Folk Artists of the Year.
More performers we recommend
- Lou & Peter Berryman
- Hilarious songs, 12-string guitar, accordion...they make us proud to be from Wisconsin!
- Will Branch
- Authentic traditional and orginal folk music with heart.
- David H.B. Drake
- Multiple award winning traditional, original, and contemporary folk music the whole family will enjoy.
- Fox and Branch
- Old time guitar and fiddle music for the family.
- Lil' Rev
- Awesome multi-instrumentalist plays old-time, traditional, blues, folk, Jewish, Tin Pan Alley...just call it American music!
- Art Stevenson & High Water
- Great bluegrass band from the heart of Wisconsin. 2002 WAMI winners.
- David Stoddard
- Wonderful original acoustic songs with cleverly witty lyrics.
- Art Thieme
- A collection of great photos taken by legendary Illinois folksinger Art Thieme of people and places he has known over the last 40 years. There's also info on Art's wonderful recordings that are available on CD.
- Harvey Taylor
- Whimsical and thoughtful poet, songwriter, musician.
Folk music on the radio
- Simply Folk
- Wisconsin Public Radio's long-running folk music program, hosted by Tom Martin-Erickson. Airs Sunday evenings from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Central Time. Broadcast on radio stations across Wisconsin as well as on a real time feed over the Internet.
- Calamity Jane's Cafe Vaquera
- A country-rockabilly free-range radio audio experience, frequently with in-studio musicians. Hosted by Jane Herrold. Airs Tuesday evenings 9 to 11 p.m. Pacific Time on KMUN in Astoria, OR and in a live webcast.
- The Coffee House
- Milwaukee's oldest continuously running coffeehouse, providing great folk and acoustic music since 1967. And it's all-volunteer run, too!
- The Wild Hog in the Woods Coffeehouse
- A wonderful volunteer-staffed folk music venue in Madison, WI. Spicing up Madison's acoustic music scene since 1978!
Other cool links
- Golden Ring Music & Folklore Center
- Our friends Fritz & Mary Schuler run this excellent music store in Manitowoc, WI, featuring a great selection of folk music recordings and acoustic musical instruments. They also sponsor a wonderful acoustic music series at Woodland Dunes Nature Center in Two Rivers.
- Madison Folk Music Society
- These nice people present wonderful acoustic music events in the Madison area.
- FolkLib Index - A Library of Folk Music Links
- On-line since 1995, the FolkLib Index is an on-going attempt to index information on the World Wide Web that is related to the fields of Folk Music, Bluegrass and Old-Time Music, Acoustic Blues, Fingerstyle Acoustic Guitarists, Harp (the stringed kind) Players, and a very special emphasis on everything to do with Wisconsin music and musicians. Check out this great resource!
- Jean Cuje Milwaukee Music Collection
- Housed in the Raynor Library at Marquette University, the Jean Cujé Milwaukee Music Collection is a unique collection of music in all formats recorded by artists in the Milwaukee area, gathered through donations and purchased to serve the local community. Materials include compact discs, cassettes, phonodiscs, videos and related items. Music of all types including classical, jazz, folk, rock, etc., recorded by artists who have spent most of their careers living and performing in the Milwaukee area is collected.